Tuesday, August 19, 2008

niceness


On Tuesdays and Thursdays I have the privilege of spending one-on-one time with Ilsa while Ingrid is at Pre-K. Usually we start our mornings with a treat at Starbucks, where I work on Kumon workbooks with Ilsa. (What in the world is a Kumon workbook?
http://www.kumonbooks.com/home/company.aspx )

Anyway, Ilsa's nickname has recently become "Spilsa". Nuff said. I set down our stuff on the table next to the highly coveted cushy corner easy chairs. I went to get a bunch of napkins, and hear, "oops Mommy, I spiwwwed." (That's the closest approximation on how to write spilled the way she says it.) Half of her $2.50 or so smoothie was now on the table and dripping onto the floor. Drip, drip, drip. Mortification. Back for more napkins. Fuss, fuss, fuss...move to new, more appropriate seating area.

And then the barista said, "please, let me clean that up..." I was really, really emphatic that I needed to. Then she said, "the fact that you want to clean this up so badly makes me REALLY want to clean it up for you!" She mopped up the mess while I set us up at the new table. She brought over a lidded cup and then she brought Ilsa a WHOLE NEW smoothie bottle!

And so I dedicate this Starbuck's green text to the wonderful staff at our new favorite Starbucks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...