Sunday, August 17, 2008

sunday school

I was scheduled to sub in the 4s and 5s sunday school this morning. I had picked up the materials from the church office last week. It was a great story -- the crowning of 8 year old King Josiah, the restoration of Godly rule to Israel and the recovery of the Law (of Moses).

I had really kind of struggled, though, with the ancillary stuff -- the activities, crafts and games portion. I was stressed out. I even dreamed about it last night.

I arrived early, and couldn't find anything I needed. More stress. The supply cabinet was locked. More stress. I prayed, "Lord, help me!!!!!" Then I discovered I HAD THE WRONG LESSON! The lesson was about the Prophet Jeremiah. STRESS STRESS STRESS!!!!!!

But then walked in help. Suzanna came in with a big box of materials, crafts, posters, everything. SHE had the right lesson and was fully prepared to teach.

It turned out to be a great Sunday School. And I got to see Ingrid "in her element".

Why did I ever get stressed out? Doesn't God know what he's doing?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...