Friday, September 19, 2008

tires

What a perfect morning! No humidity, about 80 degrees and sparkling skies at 8:30. And we have it all together, too! I am ready to pull down and assemble the Chariot, attach it to my bike and head off to the park with Ilsa in tow, and Ingrid cycling along.

Pull out the bike. Flat front tire. Drat. Pull out the Joe Blow tire pump. Drat. The valve steam has a leak. Call Chad. Me: Hey Hon, the tyre pump isn't working. Am I doing this right? Hon: Yep, just ream on it hard to cover the whole valve. Drat. I just dropped the cell and lost my call.

Ingrid: "Mooooom, I'm not being patient. Let's GOOOOO." Drat. My perfect morning is unraveling.
Plan B: put on the stroller kit and push to the park. Drat. Two flat side tires. Oh wait, the pump is working! Woo hoo. Drat. One of the stroller wheels is missing.

(More whining and unraveling.)

Plan C: put on the jogging kit (which is hard to just walk with 'cuz you can't turn. You have to put the front wheel up in the air and pivot). Drat. Flat single front tyre. Oh wait, the pump is working on this one. (Okay, those unraveled loose ends are tied up. Phew. Let's go.)

Off to the park. Great time! Swings! Cute dogs! Popcorn for snack! Great time!

Romans 8:28 - And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Eccles. 7:8 - The end of a matter is better than its beginning; Patience of spirit is better than haughtiness of spirit.

Eph. 4:1-2 - Therefore I, the prisoner of the Lord, implore you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing tolerance for one another in love...


Do you ever wonder about those times that nothing, nothing, nothing seems to go your way? Was there a wacko at the park? A mad dog? A crazy driver along the way? Why, oh why do I struggle with patience so?!! Shouldn't I know by now that God has his timing?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yikes! Sounds like a trying morning, my friend! Thankfully you have used it for a teachable moment!

I do think those same thoughts.

"Sometimes my life was threatened just today, a reckless car ran out of gas before it came my way." - Amy Grant's Angels Watching Over Me.

I often think that way when I am in a hurry to get somewhere in my car and some very, VERY slow person is ahead of me! I always have to remind myself that maybe it's a BLESSING that I am being held back!

Happy MOnday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...