Wednesday, September 17, 2008

prayer for perserverence

For some strange reason, I'm having the hardest time getting "into" my Bible Study this year. Pretty carnal, huh? The heart is wicked...

Everything has distracted me: kids, fatigue, hormones, house work, yard work, crochet, reading my book club book (which I need to review! Aaack!), bread baking, sourdough maintenance, my birthday, Chad's birthday, my Dad's birthday, grocery shopping, swimming, fretting over not exercising, web surfing, facebook and so on ad infinitum.

The evil one has a subtle way of interjecting minutae in our lives. It usually isn't the big stuff that keeps us from doing what we need to do, it's the little stuff.

Speaking of which, Ilsa just emptied the linen closet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...