Thursday, October 30, 2008

pumpkins

Princess pumpkins, of course. I got one of those cheapie pumpkin carving kits at the grocery store, and great googley moogley, they work! I found free stencils of Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella on the Huggies diapers website. I think that Sleeping Beauty turned out better, probably because my hand wasn't so TIRED.

Cinderella, poor thing, has a swollen cheek -- maybe she had a root canal yesterday.

And if you look at Sleeping Beauty closely, she has a bad case of The Pox -- it was a medieval tale, after all. (I had to use that side to make her luxurious locks fit...the other side was perfect, of course.) But they look cool from a distance!

2 comments:

Karisa said...

Very cute! I admire your strength, patience, and craftmanship! We typically choose the absolute simplest pattern I can find...

Unknown said...

Wow! Y'all are talented! We bought big ol'e pumpkins on the first of October and then promptly forgot to carve them! Ahhh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...