Saturday, January 8, 2011

huzzah!


DSC00840, originally uploaded by BikeBookBread.

I have always struggled with making birthday cakes look...acceptable. I was at Michael's this week getting some supplies for Little Ladybug Girl's birthday party later today, and came across Duff Goldman's new line of cake decorating supplies. I saw his pre-made fondant, and thought, why not? It had to taste better than WIlton fondant, and I'm used to rolling stuff with all of the bread baking that I do. Surely it had to be easier than piping frosting.

I'm a convert! I don't know that I'll ever pipe frosting again! I'm NOT bragging, I'm just extolling the virtues of this stuff! Now I will try and find a homemade fondant recipe, though Duff's stuff tastes really good. It's just pricey. So, see for yourself:

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh your cake is wonderful! I have a great marshmallow fondant recipe that is easy...and tastes good! I'll find it for you!

stephanie j. said...

Oh, thanks, Kellie! The Duff stuff is GREAT, but I don't want to pay for it :(-

Soli Deo Gloria said...

that is COOL! Way to go Steph!

stephanie j. said...

BTW, Mr. BikeMan admitted to being the one who checked this off as "boring". :)- Silly man!

Molly F said...

That is SUPER cute!!! Hooray for fondant. After watching my sis and her former cake decorating business, I know that fondant has really revolutionized the way "decorated" cakes can look! That ladybug cake is incredibly cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...