Tuesday, May 4, 2010

10 reasons to quit facebook

If you've been following me for a while, you know how much I truly despise Facebook. A while back, I heard the perfect description of Facebook as "drive-by-friendship"... you wave at your friend as you drive by, but no real relationship is maintained.

So I did IT today. I deleted my account. "Wait," you say, "you can't delete, you can only deactivate." Well, that's just not true...! "They" just don't want you to know how. It's very easy, and while it does take 20 days to take effect, I believe I have successfully done it.

Here is an excellent editorial/education on the assault on privacy that is Facebook.

If you aren't interested in knowing the why, and just want to know HOW TO DELETE, here's link.

1 comment:

ohio12 said...

I should delete. I read about all my friends' fancy vacations and start to covet and compare. But I also like to keep in touch with people I wouldn't normally take the time to call. Good to know it is possible to delete.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...