Wednesday, April 29, 2009

nobody probably cares, but i love my new bedding!

This is the first change in bedding "look" we have had in thirteen years of marriage! I'm proud of the fact that we waited until the old stuff literally fell apart. I think we (well, the people who bought it for us as a wedding gift) got our money's worth. It pays to buy good quality, and to be patient and content.

This time we chose a Marimekko pattern called Lehtimaja. The Marimekko designer was Maija Isola, and she did it in 1958. Isn't it cool how the pattern looks completely fresh and modern, and it is 51 years old? I think this sure says "us". Now I need to be content and not pine away for a modern platform bed and matching dresser and nightstands....at least it modernizes-up our colonial-style, heavy, glossy cherry-stained mahogany bedroom set.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Love it! Super, super cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...