Friday, April 30, 2010

things that I thought I'd never do as a mommy

This post is inspired by a post a while back by my dear friend over at La Dulce Vida. Here are 10 things that I thought I'd never do as a Mom...when I was still a doe-eyed, naive new Mommy:
  1. Yell at my children.
  2. Cry (in private) after yelling at my children and asking for forgiveness.
  3. Buy breakfast cereal that contains marshmallows.
  4. Buy clothing that displays a movie, TV show or cartoon character.
  5. Buy a kid's book that is about a movie, TV show or cartoon character.
  6. Buy a toy inspired by a movie, TV show or cartoon character.
  7. Let my girls watch a "children's" movie that had a mildly off-color joke...and then have to explain that they are NOT to say those words.
  8. Turn the TV on PBS Kids so that I could take a long, hot bath to get a moment to myself.
  9. Cry myself to sleep because of a mothering mistake.
  10. Reprimand the neighbor kids. Several times.
It's been that kind of week. I'm tired and very, very ready for my Girls' Night Out tonight with my book club to view Jane Eyre (which was our most-recent read).

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

sounds like it's been a tough week for you. i'll be praying... do not grow weary in doing good, for in due time, you will reap your reward dear friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...