Thursday, January 1, 2009

modern granny square throw

Here is my current crochet project: a modern granny square blanket...I kind of went nutso with the hip colors to match our living room. Of course, being me, I goofed in the piecing. It wouldn't be a Stephanie project without some goof up drama -- the 10 patches on the right are really supposed to be 12 patches, and the big black block bottom left is not supposed to be so big...so I'm winging it a little bit. That's why there is a row to the left of two of each color -- I'm actually just going to sew those into a little table runnery thing for the sideboard.

The basic layout is from the "Stitch 'n B****" crochet book; recognize what it is? It's a TV test pattern. Weird, huh? But I was drawn in by the "Mondrianesque" quality of the pattern. In fact, I didn't even recognize what it was until after I had purchased all of the yarn.


I probably have about 5 hours of work to go on it. Not a ton. I'm thinking of edging the whole thing with a thick olive border -- perhaps a double or triple crochet stitch...maybe even bigger.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! You are doing great! WHen I come to visit in May/June, you will have to teach me some basics!

Can't wait to see the finished project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...