Sunday, January 18, 2009

attn: fellow almost mexicans

This time of year in Almost Mexico, people are trying to offload their citrus before it spoils. Last week, Chad brought home a plastic grocery bag filled with homegrown lemons from a co-worker's tree; I just used my handy-dandy food processor juicer attachment to juice 2 quarts of juice, then I made up a batch of the best lemonade I've ever had:
  1. Make a simple syrup: in a small saucepan over medium heat, dissolve 3/4 to 1 cup of white sugar in 1 cup of water. It doesn't need to boil, just dissolve.
  2. In a pitcher, add the simple syrup to 1 cup of lemon juice.
  3. Add in 3 - 4 cups of cold water and stir.
  4. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, 45 minutes at least.

You won't ever have a better glass of lemonade! Oh also, I made it with 1 cup of sugar and it was waaaaay too sweet for our taste, so we added in more lemon juice and water to tone it down. But if you like sweeeeet, use 1 cup of sugar.

1 comment:

Esquire's Wife said...

Mmmmm...I miss the fresh lemons from AZ and my mom's homemade lemonade. I wish I was there to enjoy some of yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...