Monday, October 12, 2009

godly parenting

Another wise post from Pastor Andy, Trinity Church of Minot, ND. Here's a snippet:
Christian parenting rises or falls based on whether we parent according to the Law (focused on behavior modification) or the gospel (focused on heart transformation). The thought which struck me after I finished preaching which I wish I would have said is this: If our true goal in parenting is gospel-saturated, grace-driven heart transformation (which will give rise to increasingly more holy choices in our children as a gracious by-product, but not as the primary goal), then the most fundamental question we as parents should be asking ourselves when our children are increasingly recalcitrant, rebellious and non-responsively sinful is this: "How can I make Christ and His grace more beautiful, glorious and compelling to my child?"
So what can I do TODAY to make Christ more beautiful to my girls?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...