Thursday, June 4, 2009

best of the web = stump the bookseller

Thanks to The Well Trained Mind Hive Mind (the message boards over at The Well Trained Mind), I found fun (possibly time-wasting) website: Loganberry Books (I've added the link to "neato people & stuff"). Do you have a particular book you remember as a child, but you just can't put your finger on the name? You might have sketchy plot details, just a character name perhaps, even the cover of the book is in your memory? For a nominal fee using PayPal, submit the sketchy details and the well-read people over at Loganberry will do their level best to figure it out.

Additionally, you can search through their "solved mysteries" section. I found a book in five minutes that had been bugging me for a while: The White Mountains...it was the story of these kids who were fleeing from these 3-legged tripod robot creatures. Scary stuff for a 4th grader, and I remembered the story quite vividly. I just couldn't remember the title; however, I searched on "tripod" and up it popped.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh my! Now that you post the photo, I remember reading that book as well! I found a book the other day that I read way back when, that I would like K to read later in life "The Witch of Blackbird Pond"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...