Monday, December 29, 2008

new narnia fan


We rented The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian this last week. Ingrid has been begging to see both for months now, and we thought watching them would be a fun Christmas week activity. She loves them-- she has watched Caspian about 4 times now. Funny little fact: Chad and I saw LWW in the theater two days before Ilsa was born (that was an interesting movie viewing...lots of contractions); we hadn't seen PC, but had heard it was fine for her to see, and it was. Both were enjoyable, unnecessary but interesting plot changes aside. (I guess I'll have to read the books again to really get the stories, but the movies are good, wholesome fun.) They especially made some HUGE changes to the Prince Caspian story. Caspian is about 10 years older, has eyes for Susan, and there's a huge "let's storm the castle" battle scene.

But the funny part was this: Ingrid clued into the whole innocent romance plotline right away. She turned to me and said, "Mommy, would Prince Caspian like me?" She's not even five. Is this normal? I do have to admit though, she has good taste.
PS I just read a couple of days ago that Disney has decided to drop the Narnia series, even though #3, the Voyage of the Dawn Treader is already in production. But I can't imagine someone else won't pick it up...the first two did so well, so I'm not bummed about that at all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...